We all know when somebody else is a hipster, but there might be some warning signs that you need to be aware of. If you can relate to any of this, it’s possible that your friends have made fun of your hipster swagger. Naturally though, I am excluded from all of this. I’m too different.
Anyway, your friends call you a hipster behind your back if…
- You have a knit sweater that is bigger than your winter coat.
- You act like a hipster because it’s ironic.
- If your friends are talking about bands, they can recognize the face you make that means, “You wouldn’t know the music I listen too.”
- When explaining why you aren’t a hipster, your go to reasons are “Hipsters are everywhere; I’m different.” and “They smell bad.”
- You immediately judge people that associate plaid with cowboys. Plaid is too classy to just be for cowboys.
- You’re filled with resentment every time you see that a person listed “hanging with friends” and “having fun” as interests. It is, after all, painfully unoriginal.